If an author has been a featured author in the past, Uncaged will not feature that same author again for at least 2 years. Uncaged will however be open to running a Catch-up promo.
Feature Author Issue Status: (7 slots per month – between May – September there are only 6 slots per month)
October – Horror/Paranormal – FULL
November – FULL
December – Winter/Holiday Theme – FULL (but will review as many Holiday themed books as possible)
Short Story Submissions:
Authors: if you’d like to submit a short story for an upcoming issue of Uncaged, upon approval of the story, I will promote up to 3 of your books (or what fits on one full page, or a full page ad, designed by you or by Uncaged at no additional charge) and website links after the short story, or I’ll give you a 1-page Sneak Peek of a book – your choice. Short stories must be PG-PG13 rated to be published because of Issuu’s policies. Please email at Cyrene@UncagedBooks.com. If the story is longer, I may split it into multiple months.
Short Story Issue Status: (2 slots per month)
Requested Reviews Information: If you’d like to submit a book to be reviewed here at Uncaged, please email us at Cyrene@UncagedBooks.com
We will try to get most books reviewed in an acceptable timeline, but it’s not guaranteed. If you have a release date you’d like the book review to coincide with, please let us know and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
- Reviews from Uncaged will be posted on Amazon and Goodreads, as well as being in Uncaged Book Reviews magazine. If an author wants it posted elsewhere, please contact us. Reviews and the magazine will also be posted to Google+, Facebook, Twitter and Triberr for maximum exposure. The magazine will be blasted also through Pinterest, LinkedIn and Issuu. If the book also receives a 4 Star review or higher, it will appear on Uncaged’s blog.
- We will not be overly critical, bashing of authors/publishers will not be tolerated. But we will stand by our reviews, whether it’s 3 stars or 5 stars
- There is no fee to reviewing books.
- We accept hard copy print book (email me for details), mobi or PDF formats.
- Tier 2 reviews will remain on the lists for 6 months. If they are not chosen by a reviewer in that time frame, they will be removed. An author can re-submit at any time. This does not apply to Tier 1 reviews.
- If the book receives a 4 Star review or better, it will be automatically eligible for semi-finals of The Raven Awards. Read more about that here.
Reviewers for Uncaged
Owner of Uncaged Book Reviews. I live in Wisconsin on a small farm and own goats, horses, dogs, cats and reptiles. I love to ride my horses, tend a vegetable garden in the summer and can and preserve the harvest for winter and of course read. Reading preferences: will read most anything – top favorites are Urban Fantasy, Historical and Paranormal with a good splash of romance.
I live in the UK and love reading and volunteering in my local charity shop. Never without a cup of tea and a book. Reading preferences are horror, crime & romance.
Paranormal, high fantasy, horror, dystopian, urban fantasy, scifi
Skye is 39 and lives in New Zealand, she has released her first book I am Terry Walker in July of this year, and is hoping to write a series of these books.
Genre preferences – true crime, serial killer, torture, murder
Skylar McKinzie lives in the small town of Screven, Ga. When she’s not writing, she’s cooking, baking, reading, and spending time with her family. She also loves long walks and sitting by the bonfire in October, which is her favorite month of the year.
She writes horror and paranormal romance. She is working on her next novel due to be released by the end of the year.
As a young girl she discovered a love for reading. By the time she was in middle school, she realized that love also included writing. Rena began writing short stories and never stopped. She still has notebooks filled with stories from back in those days. It has been a long time dream of hers to have published works. Rena has always loved reading and writing anything supernatural, paranormal, or fantasy. She is also a bit of a horror buff so to be honest there is no telling what genres she may find myself attempting to write or grabbing to read.
Rena Marin's first published work is written with her “bestie”, S.C. Storm, The Guardians, which is Book One in The Tempest Isle Series. On Dec. 30th, her co-written short story, My Sister's Keeper will be featured in an anthology from Zombie Cupcake Press, Madame Scarlet's Carnival.
I live in Waverly, NE with my husband, 3 kiddos, 4 cats and puppy! I love paranormal romance, Scottish romance, historical romance, really any romance, just not big on Sci Fi books. I am a huge Sprint Car racing fan and when not reading I am a lunch lady for our local Middle School!!
B. A. Mealer is an author and a traveler. She loves to read everything from children's book to the heavy literary tomes from those who write like James Michener. A good story which is well written will keep her turning pages. After retiring from her job as a nurse, she has been scoping out sites for new novels and verifying places in those she has written while spending time writing and reading in the evenings. She reads as much to check out her competition as for enjoyment.