Starting in November 2018, reviews for Feature Author books will no longer be within the feature. The reviews will be in the review section in the magazine. Not all Feature Author books will be reviewed within the same issue as the feature.
Uncaged Feature Authors: Featured authors is a free promo service for authors in Uncaged. The only requirements to become a featured author:
1) You haven’t been a featured author in the past 2 years.
2) Even though it is not guaranteed that Uncaged will be able to review all books for a feature author, the author must be willing to send a book to Uncaged as we will do our best to review it in time for the feature
3) Authors must have a book that released within the past year, or a new book releasing around the time of the feature.
Feature Author’s books may or may not be reviewed in the same issue, and will not automatically go to the Tier 1 review lists, but to Tier 2.
Tier 1 books will remain on the lists for up to 12 months. If it is not chosen in that time frame, it will be removed.
Genres for Feature Authors will be limited in each issue. For example, if I have two Contemporary Romance authors one month, I will not accept more of that genre for that month, they will be moved off into different months. This is to ensure that there are authors represented from assorted genres in each issue.
Uncaged will keep varied genres in each issue, with the exceptions of October (Horror month) and December (Holiday month).
If an author has been a featured author in the past, Uncaged will not feature that same author again for at least 2 years. Uncaged will however be open to running a Catch-up promo.
Feature Author Issue Status:
9 slots per month
May – FULL
June – FULL
July – FULL
August – 4 slots open
September – 4 slots open
October – 2 slots open
November – 4 slots open
December – 4 slots open
Short Story Submissions:
Authors: if you’d like to submit a short story for an upcoming issue of Uncaged, upon approval of the story, I will promote up to 3 of your books (or what fits on one full page, or a full page ad, designed by you or by Uncaged at no additional charge) and website links after the short story, or I’ll give you a 1-page Sneak Peek of a book – your choice. Short stories must be PG-PG13 rated to be published because of Issuu’s policies. Please email at Cyrene@UncagedBooks.com. If the story is longer, I may split it into multiple months.
Short Story Issue Status: (2 slots per month)
All slots open, May-December.
Requested Reviews Information: If you’d like to submit a book to be reviewed here at Uncaged, please email us at Cyrene@UncagedBooks.com
We will try to get most books reviewed in an acceptable timeline, but it’s not guaranteed. If you have a release date you’d like the book review to coincide with, please let us know and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
Reviews from Uncaged will be posted on Amazon and Goodreads, as well as being in Uncaged Book Reviews magazine. If an author wants it posted elsewhere, please contact us. Reviews and the magazine will also be posted to Google+, Facebook, Twitter and Triberr for maximum exposure. The magazine will be blasted also through Pinterest, LinkedIn and Issuu. If the book also receives a 4 Star review or higher, it will appear on Uncaged’s blog.
- If a book gets 4 1/2 Stars or better, it will go up on Bookbub as a recommendation.
- We will not be overly critical, bashing of authors/publishers will not be tolerated. But we will stand by our reviews, whether it’s 3 stars or 5 stars
- There is no fee to reviewing books.
- We accept hard copy print book (email me for details), mobi or PDF formats.
- Tier 2 reviews will remain on the lists for 6 months. If they are not chosen by a reviewer in that time frame, they will be removed. An author can re-submit at any time. This does not apply to Tier 1 reviews.
- If the book receives a 4 Star review or better, it will be automatically eligible for semi-finals of The Raven Awards. Read more about that here.
Reviewers for Uncaged
Owner of Uncaged Book Reviews. I live in Wisconsin on a small farm and own goats, horses, dogs, cats and reptiles. I love to ride my horses, tend a vegetable garden in the summer and can and preserve the harvest for winter and of course read. Reading preferences: will read most anything – top favorites are Urban Fantasy, Historical and Paranormal with a good splash of romance.
Paranormal, high fantasy, horror, dystopian, urban fantasy, scifi
B. A. Mealer is an author and a traveler. She loves to read everything from children’s book to the heavy literary tomes from those who write like James Michener. A good story which is well written will keep her turning pages. After retiring from her job as a nurse, she has been scoping out sites for new novels and verifying places in those she has written while spending time writing and reading in the evenings. She reads as much to check out her competition as for enjoyment.